We Run on Volunteers
Thank YOU for considering becoming part of the Next Move Volunteers A.C.T. (Achieving Change Together) program! Next Move strives to provide structured volunteer service opportunities in our Children’s Service department, Community Donation Center and Family Shelter kitchen. We are also in the process of adding volunteer opportunities in our Family Services Departments within our Permanent Supportive Housing. These services directly assist our client’s and Next Move’s ability to maximize resources, as well as diversity in delivery of services/programs to clients.
Next Move and Volunteers A.C.T. program coordination team embrace the spirit of volunteerism. We recognize that partnering with our community CAN and DOES make a difference, one act of charitable kindness at a time. Make your Next Move impact your community in a positive way. Let your Next Move be a commitment of volunteer service that makes a difference! Join the Next Move Volunteers A.C.T. team now! A new opportunity awaits YOU!
General Information and Requirements:
- Volunteers must be at least 12 years old to participate. Youth younger than 16 must volunteer with an adult.
- Volunteers under 18 must have signed parental consent
- Individual volunteers over 18 must clear a DOJ background check prior to starting their volunteer service.
- All prospective volunteers are to attend a 30 minute New Volunteer Orientations where you will learn about Next Move’s history, programs, ongoing and open volunteer opportunities.
- We hold New Volunteer Orientations to invite interested volunteers to hear about our programs and open volunteer opportunities.
We love to share the volunteer experience by hosting corporate, school, youth, church and other groups volunteer opportunities at our Family Shelter and Community Donation Center for 10-15 volunteers, but can accommodate smaller or larger groups and individuals for special projects.
For additional information on volunteering or register for a Volunteers A.C.T orientation, please contact Amber Pickens, Community Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator by email or 916.454.2120, ext. 302 to schedule an orientation or discuss other volunteer opportunities.