Notice of Equal Access Regardless of Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity or Marital Status
This building or housing facility receives funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Department’s (HUD) Office of Community Planning and Development (CPD) and must comply with the following requirements:
- Determine your eligibility of housing regardless of your sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status and must not discriminate against you because you do not conform to gender stereotypes;
- Grant you equal access to CPD programs or facilities consistent with your gender identity and provide your family with equal access;
- Must not ask you to provide anatomical information or documentation as medical evidence of your gender identity; and
- Take non-discriminatory steps when necessary and appropriate to address privacy concerns raised by any client, resident or occupant, including you.
If you think this program has violated any of these requirements, including any denial of services or benefits, you may contact your local HUD office for assistance with alleged violations at HUD Sacramento Field Office, 650Capitol Mall, Room 4200, Sacramento, CA 95814.
If you believe you have experienced housing discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability or gender, including discrimination because of gender identity or expression, contact 1-800-669-9777 or file a written complaint with HUD at: www.hud.gov “file a discrimination complaint.” Persons who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech impairments may file a complaint via TTY by calling the Federal Information Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
To better understand HUD’s requirements, the following definitions apply:
- Sexual Orientation means one’s emotional or physical attraction to the same and/or opposite sex (e.g. heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality).
- Gender Identity means the gender with which a person identifies, regardless of their birth gender and regardless of another person’s perception.
- Perceived Gender Identity means the gender with which a person is perceived to identify based on that person’s appearance, behavior, expression, other gender related characteristics or gender at birth or identified in documents.
For a copy of Next Move’s policies and procedures regarding the Equal Access Rule, please contact any administrator or manager at Next Move at 8001 Folsom Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95826, (916) 395-9000.
You may also click below to download this notice as a PDF: