Transitional Housing Program
for Former Foster Youth
Youth coming out of the foster care system face so many adverse life experiences that it can be challenging to identify and address each barrier for individual participant success.
Next Move operates the Adolfo program that includes a wide range of services and a robust staffing model to ensure participants are properly assessed and put on the right path to becoming self-reliant.
In addition to our campus, youth have the opportunity of living offsite in their own apartment with staggered rent subsidies as they transition into independent living and self-sufficiency. We have up to 30 available openings. While youth live off campus, they still have access to on-site resources such as life skills, mental health services, case management, and more.
Youth 18-24 years of age who are emancipated from foster/probation care. Participants must have a background free of violent criminal charges for the past 3 years and must not be PC290 Registrants.
- Furnished single-occupancy rooms with private restrooms
- Laundry rooms
- Convenient location within walking distance of restaurants, sports complex, and playgrounds
- A clean and sober living environment
- On-site food pantry
- Internal onsite Mental health/counseling and AOD services: Next Move has a team of MFT Associates and can provide oustide service referrals as needed
COMPREHENSIVE CASE MANAGEMENT:
- Life Skills courses will be a fundamental component of this program and essential to the participants’ success
- An Education Specialist will play a pivotal role in ensuring the educational success of each participant
- Working closely with all staff, an Employment Specialist will focus on getting each participant employed and focused on long-term career opportunities
- Housing and Credit Specialists will work with each participant to ensure a successful transition to permanent housing
- Connection to a full array of benefits such as; transportation for necessary appointments, school, employment; access to a computer lab; clothing, and furniture
CAMPUS SAFETY POLICIES
The following actions will be observed as non-compliance, and are subject to removal from the program
– Alcohol and drugs on campus
– Harassment of any kind